The 5 movies I’m most excited to see right now
1. X-Men First Class– I’m going to see this tomorrow with my friend Nicole, and I’m so excited! I know a lot of people hated X-Men Origins: Wolverine, but I didn’t mind it as much as X-Men: The Last Stand. Most of the reviews I’ve seen were positive, and I’m excited to see Michael Fassbender and James McAvoy as Magneto and Professor X. I haven’t seen Winter’s Bone yet, so it’ll be interesting to see Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique. Plus, I just love super hero movies.
2. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2– does this really need any explanation? The wrap-up of all the mysteries, the conclusion to the 7 movie build-up, the happy ending. And I’m hopefully going to see it opening night, which I’ve never done before, so there’ll be lots of funny people in costumes. Nicole and I still haven’t decided whether we’re going to be one of them or not…
3. Little Dorrit- I just finished the book, and it’s taking all the patience I don’t have to wait to put this at the top of the Netflix queue so my dad doesn’t get grumpy about having to wait for The Book of Eli. I love BBC series- Pride and Prejudice, North and South, even the cheesy and historically-inaccurate Robin Hood. And since I liked the book so much, I’m sure I’ll like this too.
4. I haven’t seen any of the other Jane Eyre adaptations, and I didn’t like Jane Eyre at all the first time I read it, but somehow this one seems really interesting. Since this one is sort of a reimagining of the original novel, maybe I’ll like it better. I’m still trying to decide what I think about Mia Wasikowska, but it has Michael Fassbender as Rochester and I’m hoping he’ll be less creeptastic than the Rochester I remember from the book.
5. Anonymous- There will be tons of controversy over this one. There have been conspiracy theories about everything from the assassination of JFK to Princess Diana’s death, so it was only a matter of time before one about William Shakespeare popped up. Whether you think William Shakespeare wrote the plays or not, the costumes and sets in the trailer look really pretty, and I’m looking forward to watching all the prettiness.