That man is so full of himself, I’m surprised he can stay on his horse.*
One thing that hasn’t changed since I was a little kid is my Sunday ritual of reading the comics. Now I sometimes read the Lifestyle section if there’s a book or movie review, but other than that I pretty much ignore the rest of the newspaper. My mom makes fun of me about it, but it hasn’t really worked yet. I still need my Wizard of Iz and Peanuts fix. Last semester I discovered Kate Beaton’s webcomic called Hark! A Vagrant that’s about history, books, and other random stuff. It’s awesome! And I’ve even learned some historical stuff I didn’t know before. Basically she would be my hero if I had any artistic ability and could draw comics. Since I can barely draw stick people, I just go for my comics fix. And she has a book coming out in September I think, and I might have to get it.
So lately I’ve been doing lots of random stuff like:
- Going to the Lynchburg library to get The Help and it’s checked out- of course. And they don’t even have Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy at all. It’s usually a pretty safe bet that whenever I want to read something, the Lynchburg library won’t have it, but Amherst library does. Grrrr
- So instead, I got a couple other John le Carre books and Peter Pan in Scarlet because Peter Pan was checked out too. And you thought I was exaggerating about the suckiness of the library.
- Started the newest Emma with my Grandma and good grief, I hate Elton. So much. He earns an eye-roll every time he opens his mouth, which is pretty impressive because not even Mrs. Bennet or Hyacinth, the evil stepmother from Wives and Daughters, has done that.
- On the plus side, Romola Garai is a really great Emma, and Mr. Knightley is adorable. *And made me laugh with his quote about Mr. Elton, which became the title of this post.
- I got a Knitting for Dummies book so I could start on #2 on my Bucket List, and a book with tons of hats to make… and I’m not gonna lie, some of them look ridiculous, but some of them are normal and/or kind of cool.
- Hopefully Catching Fire, the Hunger Games sequel will come in the mail tomorrow, and I am sooo excited!