I joined the Dark Side (and They didn’t have Cookies)
I got a Twitter today. I emailed Heather from Rusty Sarcasm a couple months back and asked for her for some advice on blogging. She was really sweet and told me that getting a Tumblr (Bavarian Sugar Cookies– I had to get my inner-nerd on and make a Stranger than Fiction reference)and Twitter might be helpful. I got a Tumblr, but I dug in my heels about the Twitter because a) I’m stubborn, b) Twitter seemed kind of ridiculous to me and c) I wasn’t sure I wanted to add something else to my list of procrastination-enablers. But I decided that I would set it up on a trial basis and see how it goes. If you’re interested, my screen name is @Tabbers_Hindman (feel free to be uninterested though, I won’t judge). I guess we’ll see what happens!
The drama camp had its performance last night, so I was way too busy and wiped out to write up a “10 Things I Learned” post, but I figured a a day late is better than never.
10 Things I learned this Week:
- Watching Unstoppable is a really bad idea when you’re going to be riding a train within the next week. I’m going to have a mini panic attack every time the train hits a bump. I’m sure it’ll be entertaining for the other passengers… or annoying.
- Bribery will get you everything in life, including getting middle school boys to sit still so you can put on their makeup for the play. As long as they’ll get makeup black eyes, scars, and gashes afterward.
- I can work lights and sound without electrocuting everybody/missing a cue/ruining the play. Which is impressive for me because there were a lot of buttons to push.
- Apparently I’m over my phobia of pink, because I bought hot pink pants today and they are awesome. I’m going to wear them all the time. And if hot pink pants sound blindingly-awful, I was a wearing a red shirt when I tried them on. It was bright enough to make your eyes bleed.
- The cashier is my new favorite person- she let me use a coupon on both things I bought, and she had a really cool Boston accent… at least I think it was a Boston Accent. She said “cahd” instead of “card,” does that count?
- Jack is a pretty good editor- and he does it for free! Yay for free stuff! (Now watch me have 20 typos haha…)
- Caught myself singing Keane while I was washing the dishes tonight; I must’ve listened to them more than I thought over the summer. (Somewhere Only We Know, Nothing in My Way, Crystal Ball, and Bad Dream are my favorites.)
- Home-made Rice Krispie Treats are even better than I remember. Yum!
- My Grandma came over to help me learn how to knit, and I have about 2 inches now! I’m pretty proud of myself considering I only started this afternoon. Except now I’m doing something weird when I’m supposed to be purling, so I don’t know what’s up with that.
- Never got around to finishing The Spy Who Came in from the Cold before it had to go back to the library. I might get around to it someday (and by “someday” I mean “never,” according to Tom Cruise in Knight and Day.)