New Years Resolutions
It’s almost 2012! I’ve been thinking about the past year, and while it was definitely a tough year sometimes, looking back it was a pretty good year. I know this is a cliche, but I feel like I’ve grown up a lot this year, and I’m content with where I am right now, which I definitely couldn’t have said last year. It’s really nice. I’m not saying that I will now be content and happy forever and that I now magically have it all together (because I definitely don’t; in fact, I will probably be freaking out over something within the next 2 weeks haha). But for right now I’m really happy, and I’m really looking forward to next year. I think it’s going to be a good one!
My New Years’ Resolutions for 2012:
- Read more: especially my Bible, science fiction/fantasy, and Annie Dillard (I will always need to read more Annie Dillard)
- Write more
- Procrastinate less (I can hear my Future Self laughing already, but I really should try)
- Cook more real food (and some sweet stuff too, of course)
- Keep a survival kit (including a flash light, bandaids, neosporin, and all the other stuff a klutzy overpacker could ever need) in my purse. I always manage to maim myself at the most inconvenient times, so I might as well be prepared.
- Practice knitting until I can make a scarf (and maybe even a cool hat!)
- Get more sleep
- Take more pictures
- Study harder
- Draw things (bonus points if they actually look like what I was trying to draw!)
Was it just me, or did Lady Gaga look like a giant octopus when she first started singing before the ball drop? Have a Happy New Years and I hope you all have a good year!